- Do you enjoy providing constructive feedback on the quality of products and services?
- Would you like to share your input on health care and service improvement initiatives at The Family Health Centers?
- If you answered “yes” above, we want to hear from you!
The Family Health Centers invites our established patients to apply to serve as members our 2016-2018 Patient Advisory Council. Council members are asked to commit two to four hours every quarter to talk about how The Family Health Centers can work to continually improve care and service.
- Council members must have been a patient of The Family Health Centers since September, 2015
- Council members must be between the ages of 21 and 69
- Council members must have your own transportation to and from our quarterly meetings at The Family Health Centers’ downtown Asheville location, at 206 Asheland Avenue.
- Patients of all ethnic, cultural, education and social backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Patients with any type of insurance, or without insurance, are invited to apply.
- Council members should be able to use diplomacy in sharing suggestions. Members should also should be comfortable considering the suggestions of other Council members.
- Council members will need to be active users of their own email account, the web and a mobile/cell telephone device.
About the Council:
- The Patient Advisory Council was established in 2013 to help affirm The Family Health Centers’ status as a top-tier Patient-centered Medical Home.
- The Council is led by The Family Health Centers’ Medical Director. Meetings are moderated by the Medical Director and the practice Management Team.
- The Council is a business initiative designed to help us deliver better patient care and service.
- We also like to have FUN. We hope Council contributors will come to enjoy the food, conversations and comaraderie as well as the opportunities to help us continually transform our practice.
- Council members meet quarterly and serve 24-month terms. Council gatherings start at 5:30 pm with a hot buffet dinner at our 206 Asheland Avenue location. Council meetings run from 6:00 pm to 7:00 pm.
- The first 2016-2018 Council session will start April, 2016.
Service to The Family Health Centers’ Patient Advisory Council may be counted as volunteer service on a resume or CV. We seek a limited number (six to eight) total new council members for the 2016 to 2018 session. Applicants will be screened and selected based on the mix of Qualifications listed above.
If you wish to apply, please email your first and last name, and best phone number, to email@example.com by 5pm on February 29, 2016. Kindly include your thoughts on why you would like to join The Family Health Centers’ Patient Advisory Council. Thank you!