The Family Health Centers is pleased to congratulate Allie Fay, PharmD on her achievement of the 2022 Distinguished Young Pharmacist Award for North Carolina! This prestigious national award recognizes a pharmacist, in the first decade of their career, in each state, for individual excellence, leadership, and outstanding contributions to the profession of pharmacy.
Welcome Lateef Cannon, MD - providing care for established patients in Asheville
Dr. Cannon provides care for established patients at The Family Health Centers’ Asheville location at 206 Asheland Avenue. Dr. Cannon’s goals are to work with people to help people maintain good health, to understand any potential risks to their health, and to understand how they can lower those risks with behavioral and lifestyle choices. When medical interventions are needed, he works to help people understand benefits and possible risks so they can feel confident in their decisions. Dr. Cannon is always on the lookout for new outdoor adventures. “There is nothing better than riding a new mountain bike trail, finding a new waterfall or swimming hole, or settling into a new camping spot. These adventures are enriched by the company of my wife and two children.”
Welcome Jeremy Sylvanus, MD - providing care for established patients in Arden
Dr. Sylvanus provides care for established patients at The Family Health Centers’ Arden location at 2161 Hendersonville Road. Dr. Sylvanus is particularly interested in sports medicine and preventative medical care of adult and pediatric patients of all ages.
Practicing family medicine since 2012, Dr. Sylvanus completed his residency at MAHEC, in Asheville, and earned his medical degree at the University of Colorado School of Medicine in Denver. Prior to studying medicine, Dr. Sylvanus earned a BS in Aerospace from Iowa State University, and a BS in Biology from Colorado State University. Dr. Sylvanus enjoys Ultimate Frisbee, CrossFit, and bicycling. He is also often found camping and exploring Western North Carolina with his wife and twin daughters.
Exceptional Career Opportunities for Healthcare Professionals in Beautiful Asheville, NC.
The Family Health Centers, PA is an established and well-respected independent group family medicine practice with three clinic locations and an administrative office in Asheville, NC. The practice currently seeks qualified medical professionals to join our team. This is an opportunity to join a growing, progressive organization of 22 physicians, 2 APP’s and a full-time pharmacist-provider, working together to provide exceptional patient-centered care in one of the nation’s most desirable areas. Visit our Careers page at the links below for details, and how to submit a CV:
The Family Health Centers is an equal-opportunity employer and offers a competitive benefits package including: medical, prescription vision & dental insurance, health savings, flex savings, 401K, and paid time off.
The Family Health Centers is pleased to share that Dr. Jason Cook was selected as the 2021 winner of the North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians’ Foundation Community Teaching Award. Dr. Cook was chosen by the medical students and Family Medicine Department at The University of North Carolina School of Medicine for his commitment to teaching future physicians.
Congratulations, Dr. Cook!
All locations are open for patient care.
- The Asheville, Arden and Hominy Valley locations are open for labs and select in-person appointments. Closed for lunch.
- The Respiratory Clinic is offered at the Asheville Lower Level. Closed for lunch.
- X-Ray and Bone Density appointments are available.
- Saturday Clinics offered at the Asheville Upper Level, by appointment only. Please call ahead so that we may assess your situation and direct you to the appropriate appointment. Closed for lunch.
- All walk-in clinics are temporarily CLOSED
- A SURGICAL FACE MASK IS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY TO ALL FACILITIES
Appointments & Telehealth
- If you feel you need to be seen by a provider, please call (828) 258-8681. We will direct you to the appropriate office location, or, we may recommend a Telehealth visit.
- If you have symptoms, including fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, new loss of taste or smell, vomiting or diarrhea, and/or sore throat, we will, in most cases. ask you to come to our clinic to be safely tested for COVID-19.
- If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, we recommend visiting the symptom “Self-Checker” on this web page provided by Buncombe County before giving us a call.
Telehealth Appointments – What to Expect
- If you have a Smartphone, you will receive a text at your scheduled appointment time. The text will come from an unknown number. Please tap the link in the text message within 10 minutes of your appointment time. If you miss the text or do not tap the link in time, your provider will telephone you.
- If you do not have a Smartphone, your provider will call you at the designated appointment time. The incoming call number will be our main line, (828) 258-8681.
We encourage our patients to pursue needed medical care. For those concerned about cost, all insurance companies are covering Telehealth visits now.
Margaret E. O'Kane, President, National Committee for Quality Assurance
The National Committee for Quality Assurance commends The Family Health Centers on Achievement of Recogniton for Systematic Use of Patient-Centered, Coordinated Care Management Processes.
At The Family Health Centers, you’re not a number, you’re family.
We know that you need healthcare providers who you can trust and connect with authentically. We hope you’ll feel welcomed and respected when you come to our offices. It’s our vision to reclaim healthcare, to make it reflective of your values and your vision for what it means to feel well.
A Whole Lifestyle Approach
In addition to traditional healthcare, we offer lifestyle medicine addressing nutrition, physical activity, sleep, stress management and other non-drug modalities to treat and often reverse chronic disease.