What is Telehealth?
Telehealth offers a convenient virtual visit when you are unable to come into the office. This service allows you to receive treatment at any time from the comfort and safety of your location. If your provider orders pre-appointment lab tests, the tests may be completed quickly and safely at our Asheville, Upper Level, or, Hominy Valley locations.
Please note: patients must be located in North Carolina for virtual appointments. According to the North Carolina Medical Board, the practice of medicine by a North Carolina-licensed provider, both virtually and in-person, should occur inside the state of North Carolina. Therefore, when a patient is located outside the state of North Carolina, at a second home or on a business or leisure trip for example, practice will not be able to provide Telehealth services.
To request a Telehealth appointment, please call our offices at (828) 258-8681 during regular business hours.
Use Telehealth to connect with a board-certified provider for most primary care needs
Chronic Disease Management
- Chronic Pain
- Heart Disease
- Cough, cold & flu
- Nausea & vomiting
- Sinus problems
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
- Bipolar Disorder
- We will direct you to the appropriate office location, or, we may recommend a Telehealth visit.
- Telehealth is a virtual visit conducted with a provider over the telephone from a safe location of your choice.
- We recommend Telehealth visits for routine rechecks, Medicare Annual Wellness and most sick visits.
What to expect at your Telehealth appointment:
- You will receive a call from the nurse the day of or day before your appointment to update you chart for your doctor.
- If you have a Smartphone, you will receive a text near your scheduled appointment time. The text will come from an unknown number. Please tap the link in the text message within 10 minutes of your appointment time.
- If you can’t find the text, or if you can’t get the link to work, your provider will telephone you.
- If you you prefer to use a computer with a webcam, or a tablet, you can provide an email address to receive an email with a link to your appointment.
- If you do not have a computer or a Smartphone, your provider will call you at the designated appointment time. The incoming call number will be our main line, (828) 258-8681.
What is the cost:
All commercial insurance carriers are now covering Telehealth visits. Your co-pay and deductible may apply, however we do not want this to prevent you from getting the care that you need.