It is the policy of the practice to monitor and manage appointment no-shows and late cancellations. The Family Health Centers’ goal is to provide quality care to each patient in a timely manner. If it is necessary to cancel an appointment, patients are required to contact the office at least 24 hours prior to the appointment time. Notification allows the practice to utilize appointments for other patients in need of prompt medical care.
- Appointments must be cancelled 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled appointment time.
- If a patient cancels an appointment on the same day as a scheduled appointment, it will be marked as a “no show.”
- If a patient arrives 15 or more minutes late, it will be marked as a “no show” if the patient cannot be worked into the provider’s schedule on the same day.
- If a patient fails to appear for a scheduled appointment, it will be marked as a “no show.”
- If a patient has three documented “no-shows” within one year, the patient will be subject to dismissal at the discretion of the primary provider.