Dear Family Health Centers patients:
When we took our oaths to practice medicine, we promised to protect our patients from harm and to prevent disease where we could. We are committed to using the expertise and knowledge gained over our medical careers to help protect you from the wide-ranging and often devastating impacts of COVID-19. We have gone above and beyond to try to keep our patients and staff safe during this pandemic. As infection rates skyrocket, we are deeply concerned about the toll of COVID-19 on our community, and the consequences of failing to follow basic preventive practices.
Here’s what we are asking you to do:
- Wear a mask when you are in public places. Masks should cover your nose and mouth.
- Maintain a physical distance of at least six feet when you are near people who do not live with you.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for 20 seconds or with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid large indoor gatherings, especially those where masks and social distancing are not observed.
- Avoid unnecessary travel and outings.
- Take care of each other and help those in community most vulnerable to COVID-19.
- Get the COVID-19 vaccine when available to you. We will be posting information regarding the details of this when available on our website.
These simple PROVEN measures will help to reduce the spread of COVID-19, help keep our community open for business, and put us on the path to a return to normalcy. Our community has a longstanding tradition of looking out for one another, and these times are challenging us to continue to show support, compassion, and grace. I hope you will follow our advice and do your part to keep us all healthy and safe.
The Family Health Centers Executive Team
Drs. Laura Dressel, Jason Goldie, and Rob Steward