Masking Policy Update – May 1, 2023
Masks Optional for Healthy Patients
In accordance with CDC recommendations, and because of the low incidence of COVID-19 in our region, The Family Health Centers has relaxed its masking policy effective May 1, 2023.
· Masks are optional for healthy patients entering our facilities.
· Please self-screen prior to entering our facilities. A patient should not enter our facilities if a fever is present, or if positive for flu or COVID-19.
· A patient should wear a mask if experiencing respiratory symptoms or allergy symptoms including runny nose, nasal/sinus congestion, ear pain, cough or watery or itchy eyes.
· Patients may ask any provider, phlebotomist, or medical assistant to wear a mask during the visit. We will honor all requests.
· If our professionals determine that it is clinically appropriate for a patient to wear a mask during the visit, we will provide a surgical mask. We ask that patients honor these requests.
· Safety is our primary concern. Should the incidence of COVID-19 in our community increase significantly, The Family Health Centers may return to mandatory masking for all providers, sta, and patients.