COVID-19, RSV and Flu Vaccines Offered Saturdays through Nov. 18, 2023
Dates: Oct. 28, Nov. 4, Nov. 11, Nov. 18 – by appointment only
Location: The Family Health Centers Lower Level, 206 Asheland Ave., Asheville 28801
Times: 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Please call (828) 258-8681, option 1, for an appointment.
Please note that vaccines are NOT currently available on a walk-in basis.
COVID-19 Vaccine Recommendations
- CDC recommends the 2023-2024 updated COVID-19 vaccine. The Family Health Centers currently offers the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine to protect against serious illness from COVID-19. The Moderna vaccine will be available when our supply arrives.
- Everyone aged 6 months and older should get 1 dose of an updated COVID-19 vaccine to protect against serious illness from COVID-19.
- Children aged 6 months to 4 years need multiple doses of COVID-19 vaccines to be up to date, including at least 1 dose of updated COVID-19 vaccine.
The CDC recommends a flu vaccine for everyone aged 6 months and older.
Established patients may request to receive vaccines when visiting The Family Health Centers for an unrelated appointment or lab work.
What to do / expect at your appointment:
- The costs of COVID-19 and RSV vaccines vary depending on your insurance coverage.
- The flu shot is fully covered by most commercial insurance plans as well as Medicare and Medicaid.
- Please arrive a few minutes early.
Please call (828) 258-8681, option 1, to schedule a visit to a Saturday vaccine clinic, or, request the vaccine at an upcoming scheduled appointment.