Please note that The Family Health Centers does not have the COVID-19 Vaccine.
Contact the NC DHHS COVID-19 Help Center at 1-888-675-4567
Find information about the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine pause here.
NEW! Everyone 16 and older in North Carolina is now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Visit http://myspot.nc.gov to find and schedule with your local vaccine provider.
New! Sam’s Club offers vaccine appointments at most area locations. Non-members can sign up for a free guest membership to schedule their appointments. Schedule appointments here.
New! CVS is offering limited vaccine appointments in the Western North Carolina region. Check here for available locations.
Sona Pharmacy is offering the COVID-19 vaccine. You can sign up for email updates (including when specific vaccines will be in stock), get up-to-date information, and book your vaccine appointment on the SONA website here.
Ingles Pharmacy offers the COVID-19 vaccine at a limited number of pharmacy locations. More information here.
MAHEC offers appointments for eligible adults. Register with MAHEC here.
Walgreens offers a limited number of COVID-19 vaccine appointments. More info here.
The vaccine is administered at no cost to all residents of North Carolina.
If you received your first COVID-19 vaccine shot, thank you for taking steps to protect yourself and your community.
- Please follow the instructions you received for obtaining a second shot if you received the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine. The level of protection increases dramatically after receiving the second shot of the vaccine. Second shots also provide longer-lasting immunity compared to a single dose.
- Beginning March 20, 2021- the Buncombe County second dose vaccination site will be located at Biltmore Church South, 35 Clayton Road, Arden NC 28704.
- With your vaccine, you received a card with the date of your second dose. Please bring your vaccination card and insurance card to be fast-tracked through the second-dose vaccination process.
We understand that our patients are eager to learn more about the vaccine.
Tested, safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines will help us defeat the virus, get back in control of our lives and back to the people and places we love.
Non-Buncombe County residents: please check your county health department website for updates
Haywood County Public Health Services
Haywood Vaccine Sign up Form
Henderson County Department of Public Health
Pardee Hospital – UNC Health Vaccine page
McDowell & Rutherford Counties – Foothills Health District
Madison County Health Department
Please note that there may be intermittent delays with appointments when counties are awaiting vaccine allotments from the State.
Important Facts About the COVID-19 Vaccine
- COVID-19 vaccines will NOT give you COVID-19
- People who have gotten sick with COVID-19 may still benefit from getting vaccinated
- Getting vaccinated can help prevent getting sick with COVID-19
- COVID-19 vaccines will not cause you to test positive on COVID-19 viral tests
- COVID-19 has caused very serious illness and death for a lot of people. If you get COVID-19, you risk giving it to loved ones who may get sick. Getting a COVID-19 vaccine is a safer choice.