COVID-19 Treatment Information
Due to the complexity of prescribing treatments, The Family Health Centers can only provide COVID-19 treatments such as Paxlovid following a visit to our Respiratory Clinic at 206 Asheland Avenue, or, after a Telehealth visit.
PAXLOVID is an investigational medicine used to treat mild-to-moderate COVID-19 in adults and children [12 years of age and older weighing at least 88 pounds (40 kg)] with positive results of a COVID-19 test.
To quality for COVID-19 treatments such as Paxlovid, patients must meet at least one of the following eligibility determinations:
- 65 years or older
- Cerebrovascular disease
- Chronic kidney disease
- Chronic lung diseases
- Chronic liver diseases
- Cystic fibrosis
- Diabetes mellitus, type 1 and type 2
- Heart conditions (such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies)
- HIV (human immunodeficiency virus)
- Immunocompromised condition or weakened immune system
- Mental health disorders
- Neurologic conditions limited to dementia
- Obesity (BMI ≥30 kg/m2)
- Primary Immunodeficiencies
- Pregnancy and recent pregnancy
- Physical inactivity
- Smoking, current and former
- Solid organ or hematopoietic cell transplantation
- Use of corticosteroids or other immunosuppressive medications
Paxlovid treatment must start within five days of the onset of COVID-19 symptoms to be effective.