We remain open for patient care.
To best serve our patients during the current phase of the COVID-19 Outbreak, and in light of the Buncombe County “Stay home – stay safe” order, we have implemented the following changes and closings for appointment scheduling and locations:
Appointments & Telehealth
- If you feel you need to be seen by a provider, please call (828) 258-8681. We will direct you to the appropriate office location, or, we may recommend a Telehealth visit.
- If you have symptoms, including fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, new loss of taste or smell, vomiting or diarrhea, and/or sore throat, we will, in most cases. ask you to come to our clinic to be safely tested for COVID-19.
- If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, we recommend visiting the symptom “Self-Checker” on this web page provided by Buncombe County before giving us a call.
- We recommend only Telehealth visits for routine rechecks, Medicare annual wellness and most sick visits. Annual physicals cannot be done virtually at this time and must be rescheduled.
Office Location Updates
- The Asheville, Upper Level office is open for routine labs and Internal Normalized Ratio (INR) checks only. Closed 12 pm – 1 PM.
- The Asheville, Lower Level office is open by appointment only, and is reserved for Respiratory Clinic visits and COVID-19 screening / testing if needed. Closed 12 pm – 1 PM.
- The Hominy Valley office is open by appointment for certain acute appointments, routine labs and Internal Normalized Ratio (INR) checks only. Closed 12 pm – 1 PM.
- The Arden office is temporarily CLOSED for in-person appointments.
Telehealth visits may be scheduled with providers based at the Arden Clinic.
- Saturday Clinics are now at Asheville, Upper Level, by appointment only. Please call ahead so that we may assess your situation and direct you to the appropriate appointment. Closed 12 pm – 1 PM.
- All walk-in clinics are temporarily CLOSED
- Routine X-ray is open at Hominy Valley only.
Telehealth Appointments – What to Expect
- If you have a Smartphone, you will receive a text at your scheduled appointment time. The text will come from an unknown number. Please tap the link in the text message within 10 minutes of your appointment time. If you miss the text or do not tap the link in time, your provider will telephone you.
- If you do not have a Smartphone, your provider will call you at the designated appointment time. The incoming call number will be our main line, (828) 258-8681.
We encourage our patients to pursue needed medical care. For those concerned about cost, all insurance companies are covering Telehealth visits now. The Family Health Centers is here for you, and we appreciate your patience during this national emergency.
Novel Coronavirus or “COVID-19” information for our established patients:
- We encourage you to follow Centers for Disease Control (CDC) updates here.
- If you suspect infection with COVID-19 and have a fever, cough or shortness of breath, please call ahead so we can direct you to the most appropriate location for care.
- Our staff wash/disinfect hands in between each new patient appointment, and we encourage you to do the same. We have soap and hand sanitizer available for in office use.
- We have initiated protocols to minimize your time in the waiting room and to minimize your close proximity to another patient while in our office.
To prevent the spread of this illness or others, including the flu:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Cover your mouth and nose with the crease of your arm when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid handshakes. Do not touch your nose or eyes.
- Stay home when you are sick, and respect CDC recommendations for social distancing.
Margaret E. O'Kane, President, National Committee for Quality Assurance
The National Committee for Quality Assurance commends The Family Health Centers on Achievement of Recogniton for Systematic Use of Patient-Centered, Coordinated Care Management Processes.
At The Family Health Centers, you’re not a number, you’re family.
We know that you need healthcare providers who you can trust and connect with authentically. We hope you’ll feel welcomed and respected when you come to our offices. It’s our vision to reclaim healthcare, to make it reflective of your values and your vision for what it means to feel well.
A Whole Lifestyle Approach
In addition to traditional healthcare, we offer lifestyle medicine addressing nutrition, physical activity, sleep, stress management and other non-drug modalities to treat and often reverse chronic disease.
The Practice Welcomes Denise Ingram, MD
Dr. Ingram welcomes patients, including newborns, children, adults and geriatric patients, at our Arden office starting 2020. Her professional interests include dermatology, adolescent medicine and women’s health. Check out Dr. Ingram’s full bio here.
Please call for an appointment.