Welcome Dana Boggs, FNP-C - providing care for established patients in Arden
Dana Boggs, FNP-C, provides care for established patients at The Family Health Centers’ Arden location at 2161 Hendersonville Road. Dana is pleased to welcome new patients and to offer DOT Exam appointments.
In her spare time, Dana loves spending time with her family, hiking, gardening and reading. She tends an apiary and loves taking care of her bees. Dana is a native of Western North Carolina, and she loves the opportunity to practice in her hometown.
Welcome Liz Averill, FNP-C - providing care for established patients in Hominy ValleyLi
Liz provides care for established patients at The Family Health Centers’ Hominy Valley location at 1219 Smokey Park Highway, in Candler.
Liz enjoys with patients and their families to achieve their desired health goals. Through education, encouragement and support, she likes to partner with patients to assist them in achieving optimal health. “My family and I enjoy taking advantage of all the activities that Asheville and Western North Carolina have to offer, including being outdoors and the excellent food and music scene.”
The Family Health Centers is pleased to congratulate Allie Fay, PharmD on her achievement of the 2022 Distinguished Young Pharmacist Award for North Carolina! This prestigious national award recognizes a pharmacist, in the first decade of their career, in each state, for individual excellence, leadership, and outstanding contributions to the profession of pharmacy.
Exceptional Career Opportunities for Healthcare Professionals in Beautiful Asheville, NC
The Family Health Centers is an equal-opportunity employer and offers a competitive benefits package including: medical, prescription vision & dental insurance, health savings, flex savings, 401K, and paid time off.
The Family Health Centers is pleased to share that Dr. Jason Cook was selected as the 2021 winner of the North Carolina Academy of Family Physicians’ Foundation Community Teaching Award. Dr. Cook was chosen by the medical students and Family Medicine Department at The University of North Carolina School of Medicine for his commitment to teaching future physicians.
Congratulations, Dr. Cook!
All locations are open for patient care.
- The Asheville, Arden and Hominy Valley locations are open for labs and select in-person appointments. Closed for lunch.
- The Respiratory Clinic is offered at the Asheville Lower Level. Closed for lunch.
- X-Ray and Bone Density appointments are available.
- Saturday Clinics offered at the Asheville Upper Level, by appointment only. Please call ahead so that we may assess your situation and direct you to the appropriate appointment. Closed for lunch.
- All walk-in clinics are temporarily CLOSED
- A SURGICAL FACE MASK IS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY TO ALL FACILITIES
Appointments & Telehealth
- If you feel you need to be seen by a provider, please call (828) 258-8681. We will direct you to the appropriate office location, or, we may recommend a Telehealth visit.
- If you have symptoms, including fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, new loss of taste or smell, vomiting or diarrhea, and/or sore throat, we will, in most cases. ask you to come to our clinic to be safely tested for COVID-19.
- If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, we recommend visiting the symptom “Self-Checker” on this web page provided by Buncombe County before giving us a call.
Telehealth Appointments – What to Expect
- If you have a Smartphone, you will receive a text at your scheduled appointment time. The text will come from an unknown number. Please tap the link in the text message within 10 minutes of your appointment time. If you miss the text or do not tap the link in time, your provider will telephone you.
- If you do not have a Smartphone, your provider will call you at the designated appointment time. The incoming call number will be our main line, (828) 258-8681.
We encourage our patients to pursue needed medical care. For those concerned about cost, all insurance companies are covering Telehealth visits now.
Margaret E. O'Kane, President, National Committee for Quality Assurance
The National Committee for Quality Assurance commends The Family Health Centers on Achievement of Recogniton for Systematic Use of Patient-Centered, Coordinated Care Management Processes.
At The Family Health Centers, you’re not a number, you’re family.
We know that you need healthcare providers who you can trust and connect with authentically. We hope you’ll feel welcomed and respected when you come to our offices. It’s our vision to reclaim healthcare, to make it reflective of your values and your vision for what it means to feel well.
A Whole Lifestyle Approach
In addition to traditional healthcare, we offer lifestyle medicine addressing nutrition, physical activity, sleep, stress management and other non-drug modalities to treat and often reverse chronic disease.