Walk-in COVID-19 vaccine now available for established patients.
NEW! Our patients may receive the COVID-19 vaccine at a routine office appointment, or, by visiting any office location during regular business hours Monday through Friday. Note: offices close for lunch 11:45 to 12:45.
Who is eligible: adults 12 and older
Brand of COVID-19 vaccine: Pfizer (approved for adults 12 and older)
Jennifer Hall, MD - check back Feb. 1, 2022 for new patient availability
Dr. Hall cares for her established patients at The Family Health Centers’ Hominy Valley location in Candler. Dr. Hall specializes in quality care for busy professionals who wish to maintain good health, and who also want someone to turn to if they become sick. For busy parents, Dr. Hall cares for pediatric patients, age six months to eighteen years, for annual well-child checks, vaccines, and important screenings.
“I’m honored to join The Family Health Centers. Though the healthcare world has changed during this pandemic, I know one thing we can depend on is that this team will continue to provide quality care to patients in need.”
Please call (828) 258-8681 for an appointment.
All locations are open for patient care.
- The Asheville, Arden and Hominy Valley locations are open for labs and select in-person appointments. Closed for lunch.
- The Respiratory Clinic is offered at the Asheville Lower Level. Closed for lunch.
- X-Ray and Bone Density appointments are available.
- Saturday Clinics offered at the Asheville Upper Level, by appointment only. Please call ahead so that we may assess your situation and direct you to the appropriate appointment. Closed for lunch.
- All walk-in clinics are temporarily CLOSED
- A SURGICAL FACE MASK IS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY TO ALL FACILITIES
Other COVID-19 Vaccine Resources
Buncombe County offers walk-in Pfizer COVID-19 vaccinations to individuals 12 years of age and older at the Buncombe County Health Department at 40 Coxe Avenue, Downtown Asheville. Buncombe County additional Assistance by phone is available by calling 828-419-0095.
Need the vaccine to come to you? Check this list of vaccine providers who offer in-home service for those who are homebound.
Sam’s Club offers vaccine appointments at most area locations. Non-members can sign up for a free guest membership to schedule their appointments. Schedule appointments here.
CVS is offering limited vaccine appointments in the Western North Carolina region. Check here for available locations.
Sona Pharmacy is offering the COVID-19 vaccine. You can sign up for email updates (including when specific vaccines will be in stock), get up-to-date information, and book your vaccine appointment on the SONA website here.
Ingles Pharmacy offers the COVID-19 vaccine at a limited number of pharmacy locations. More information here.
MAHEC offers appointments for eligible adults. Register with MAHEC here.
Walgreens offers a limited number of COVID-19 vaccine appointments. More info here.
The vaccine is administered at no cost to all residents of North Carolina. Contact the NC DHHS COVID-19 Help Center at 1-888-675-4567
Appointments & Telehealth
- If you feel you need to be seen by a provider, please call (828) 258-8681. We will direct you to the appropriate office location, or, we may recommend a Telehealth visit.
- If you have symptoms, including fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, new loss of taste or smell, vomiting or diarrhea, and/or sore throat, we will, in most cases. ask you to come to our clinic to be safely tested for COVID-19.
- If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, we recommend visiting the symptom “Self-Checker” on this web page provided by Buncombe County before giving us a call.
Telehealth Appointments – What to Expect
- If you have a Smartphone, you will receive a text at your scheduled appointment time. The text will come from an unknown number. Please tap the link in the text message within 10 minutes of your appointment time. If you miss the text or do not tap the link in time, your provider will telephone you.
- If you do not have a Smartphone, your provider will call you at the designated appointment time. The incoming call number will be our main line, (828) 258-8681.
We encourage our patients to pursue needed medical care. For those concerned about cost, all insurance companies are covering Telehealth visits now.
Margaret E. O'Kane, President, National Committee for Quality Assurance
The National Committee for Quality Assurance commends The Family Health Centers on Achievement of Recogniton for Systematic Use of Patient-Centered, Coordinated Care Management Processes.
At The Family Health Centers, you’re not a number, you’re family.
We know that you need healthcare providers who you can trust and connect with authentically. We hope you’ll feel welcomed and respected when you come to our offices. It’s our vision to reclaim healthcare, to make it reflective of your values and your vision for what it means to feel well.
A Whole Lifestyle Approach
In addition to traditional healthcare, we offer lifestyle medicine addressing nutrition, physical activity, sleep, stress management and other non-drug modalities to treat and often reverse chronic disease.