Please give us your vote for best FAMILY MEDICAL PRACTICE and best FAMILY DOCTOR in the Mountain Xpress 2021 BEST OF WNC.
Special thanks to our patients who have voted us the #1 Family Medical Practice in WNC for many years!
The Family Health Centers now offers a limited number of COVID-19 vaccine appointments for established patients.
Please call and leave a voice message at (828) 258-8681, option 8, to request the vaccine at our Downtown Asheville or Hominy Valley locations. A Family Health Centers team member will call you back within one business day to schedule your appointments for the first, and second, doses of the vaccine.
Who is eligible: adults 18 and older
Brand of COVID-19 vaccine: Moderna (approved for adults 18 and older)
Please note that our supply of the vaccine is limited, and we are hopeful that our supply will be replenished weekly. Please call back the following week if you are unable to secure a convenient vaccine appointment with your first attempt.
Other vaccine resources:
Contact the NC DHHS COVID-19 Help Center at 1-888-675-4567
Everyone 16 and older in North Carolina is now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Visit http://myspot.nc.gov to find and schedule with your local vaccine provider.
Sam’s Club offers vaccine appointments at most area locations. Non-members can sign up for a free guest membership to schedule their appointments. Schedule appointments here.
CVS is offering limited vaccine appointments in the Western North Carolina region. Check here for available locations.
Sona Pharmacy is offering the COVID-19 vaccine. You can sign up for email updates (including when specific vaccines will be in stock), get up-to-date information, and book your vaccine appointment on the SONA website here.
Ingles Pharmacy offers the COVID-19 vaccine at a limited number of pharmacy locations. More information here.
MAHEC offers appointments for eligible adults. Register with MAHEC here.
Walgreens offers a limited number of COVID-19 vaccine appointments. More info here.
The vaccine is administered at no cost to all residents of North Carolina.
Tested, safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines will help us defeat the virus, get back in control of our lives and back to the people and places we love. We understand that our patients are eager to learn more about the vaccine. We encourage you to visit this webpage for detailed information about the vaccine in North Carolina.
Jennifer Hall, MD - welcoming new patients
Dr. Hall welcomes new and transferring patients at The Family Health Centers’ Hominy Valley location in Candler. Dr. Hall specializes in quality care for busy professionals who wish to maintain good health, and who also want someone to turn to if they become sick. For busy parents, Dr. Hall welcomes new pediatric patients, age six months to eighteen years, for annual well-child checks, vaccines, and important screenings.
“I’m honored to join The Family Health Centers. Though the healthcare world has changed during this pandemic, I know one thing we can depend on is that this team will continue to provide quality care to patients in need.”
Please call (828) 258-8681 for an appointment.
All locations are open for patient care.
Gradual re-opening services for patients include:
- Annual Physicals, Medicare Annual Wellness Visits and Well-child visits, safely, in our offices.
- The Asheville, Arden and Hominy Valley locations are open.
Each offering a limited number of in-office appointments.
- Walk-in Clinics are temporarily closed.
- New Patient appointments.
A limited number of in-office appointments available. Most New Patient services offered via a Telehealth / Virtual Office Visit.
- COVID-19 testing for patients suspecting exposure to the virus.
We are following NC Department of Health recommendations to offer testing to patients with symptoms, and, those with a higher risk of exposure to the virus.
- Walk-in Labs at all locations.
- Please note that a mask or face covering, and a temperature check, are required to enter our facilities. Masks or face coverings must fit securely, and must be worn throughout a visit.
Please call to schedule an appointment. High-risk patients will continue to be directed to Telehealth / Virtual Office Visits.
Office Location Updates
- The Asheville, Arden and Hominy Valley locations are open for labs and select in-person appointments. Closed for lunch.
- The Respiratory Clinic is offered at the Asheville Lower Level. Closed for lunch.
- X-Ray and Bone Density appointments are available.
- Saturday Clinics offered at the Asheville Upper Level, by appointment only. Please call ahead so that we may assess your situation and direct you to the appropriate appointment. Closed for lunch.
- All walk-in clinics are temporarily CLOSED
To prevent the spread of this illness or others, including the flu:
- Wear a face covering in the presence of persons outside of your household.
- Maintain a safe social distance of 6 feet from others outside of your household.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Cover your mouth and nose with the crease of your arm when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid handshakes. Do not touch your nose or eyes.
- Stay home when you are sick, and respect CDC recommendations for social distancing.
Appointments & Telehealth
- If you feel you need to be seen by a provider, please call (828) 258-8681. We will direct you to the appropriate office location, or, we may recommend a Telehealth visit.
- If you have symptoms, including fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, new loss of taste or smell, vomiting or diarrhea, and/or sore throat, we will, in most cases. ask you to come to our clinic to be safely tested for COVID-19.
- If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, we recommend visiting the symptom “Self-Checker” on this web page provided by Buncombe County before giving us a call.
- We recommend only Telehealth visits for routine rechecks, Medicare annual wellness and most sick visits.
Telehealth Appointments – What to Expect
- If you have a Smartphone, you will receive a text at your scheduled appointment time. The text will come from an unknown number. Please tap the link in the text message within 10 minutes of your appointment time. If you miss the text or do not tap the link in time, your provider will telephone you.
- If you do not have a Smartphone, your provider will call you at the designated appointment time. The incoming call number will be our main line, (828) 258-8681.
We encourage our patients to pursue needed medical care. For those concerned about cost, all insurance companies are covering Telehealth visits now. The Family Health Centers is here for you, and we appreciate your patience during this national emergency.
Margaret E. O'Kane, President, National Committee for Quality Assurance
The National Committee for Quality Assurance commends The Family Health Centers on Achievement of Recogniton for Systematic Use of Patient-Centered, Coordinated Care Management Processes.
At The Family Health Centers, you’re not a number, you’re family.
We know that you need healthcare providers who you can trust and connect with authentically. We hope you’ll feel welcomed and respected when you come to our offices. It’s our vision to reclaim healthcare, to make it reflective of your values and your vision for what it means to feel well.
A Whole Lifestyle Approach
In addition to traditional healthcare, we offer lifestyle medicine addressing nutrition, physical activity, sleep, stress management and other non-drug modalities to treat and often reverse chronic disease.