The Family Health Centers congratulates Wendy Coin, MD on her retirement
“It is with joy and sadness that I announce my retirement from the practice of family medicine. Thanks for all the years as your family doctor. You helped me have a wonderful career.”
Dr. Timothy Seneker will assume the care of Dr. Coin’s patients at the 206 Asheland Avenue office in Asheville. Dr. Sydney Hendry, who practices at the Asheville office, or Dr. Lisa Scott, who practices at the Arden office, are available to patients who prefer the care of a female family physician.
If you have any questions about your new provider or an upcoming appointment, please call (828) 258-8681, option 1.
The Family Health Centers welcomes Dr. Timothy J. Seneker
Timothy J. Seneker, MD completed is residency a the Fort Collins Colorado Family Medicine program, and graduated from East Tennessee State University – Quillen College of Medicine. Dr. Seneker offers full scope Family Medicine including newborn care, pediatrics, adult and sports medicine, including joint injections, circumcisions and dermatology procedures. He has also worked in large scale community medicine, value based care models and public health programs, including volunteer work in Central and South America.
Dr. Seneker enjoys spending time with his wife and two boys, playing in the mountains of Western North Carolina. They love to hike, bike and swim together. Dr. Seneker has special interests in endurance sports including ultra trail running and mountain biking, exploring the amazing trails around Asheville.
The Family Health Centers welcomes Clinical Pharmacy Practitioner Valerie Barnett
Valerie Barnett, BS, PharmD, CACP, BCACP, is passionate about empowering others to achieve their healthcare goals with a focus on chronic disease management, preventative care, and wellness.
She enjoys travel, nature, literature, and food. She is a world-traveler with a goal to visit all seven continents – only three left! Her creative outlets include crafting and painting. Dr. Barnett is an avid “reader” of Audiobooks with a special love for mysteries, fantasy, and science fiction. She and her family enjoy spending time on the Blue Ridge Parkway and exploring the vibrant culture of the Asheville area – especially all the delicious food!
The Family Health Centers is pleased to congratulate Allie Fay, PharmD on her achievement of the 2022 Distinguished Young Pharmacist Award for North Carolina! This prestigious national award recognizes a pharmacist, in the first decade of their career, in each state, for individual excellence, leadership, and outstanding contributions to the profession of pharmacy.
Exceptional Career Opportunities for Healthcare Professionals in Beautiful Asheville, NC
The Family Health Centers is an equal-opportunity employer and offers a competitive benefits package including: medical, prescription vision & dental insurance, health savings, flex savings, 401K, and paid time off.
Appointments & Telehealth
- If you feel you need to be seen by a provider, please call (828) 258-8681. We will direct you to the appropriate office location, or, we may recommend a Telehealth visit.
- If you have symptoms, including fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, new loss of taste or smell, vomiting or diarrhea, and/or sore throat, we will, in most cases. ask you to come to our clinic to be safely tested for tested for illness.
- Please note: patients must be located in North Carolina for virtual appointments. According to the North Carolina Medical Board, the practice of medicine by a North Carolina-licensed provider, both virtually and in-person, should occur inside the state of North Carolina. Therefore, when a patient is located outside the state of North Carolina, at a second home or on a business or leisure trip for example, practice will not be able to provide Telehealth services.
Telehealth Appointments – What to Expect
- If you have a Smartphone, you will receive a text at your scheduled appointment time. The text will come from an unknown number. Please tap the link in the text message within 10 minutes of your appointment time. If you miss the text or do not tap the link in time, your provider will telephone you.
- If you do not have a Smartphone, your provider will call you at the designated appointment time. The incoming call number will be our main line, (828) 258-8681.
We encourage our patients to pursue needed medical care. For those concerned about cost, all insurance companies are covering Telehealth visits now.
Margaret E. O'Kane, President, National Committee for Quality Assurance
The National Committee for Quality Assurance commends The Family Health Centers on Achievement of Recogniton for Systematic Use of Patient-Centered, Coordinated Care Management Processes.
At The Family Health Centers, you’re not a number, you’re family.
We know that you need healthcare providers who you can trust and connect with authentically. We hope you’ll feel welcomed and respected when you come to our offices. It’s our vision to reclaim healthcare, to make it reflective of your values and your vision for what it means to feel well.
A Whole Lifestyle Approach
In addition to traditional healthcare, we offer lifestyle medicine addressing nutrition, physical activity, sleep, stress management and other non-drug modalities to treat and often reverse chronic disease.